Last week the delightful Juliet Love asked if I would be interested in helping her style the sets for Sunrise and The Morning Show. Of course I jumped at the chance! We went to Domayne to select some fun accessories to brighten up the sets and then snuck in early on Sunday morning to arrange everything on the shelves and add some colour to the sofa. My personal favourite is the rug, I think it just finishes off the set perfectly! What do you think of the new look?
Emma xRead More
A few months ago the Keystone Group approached me asking if I’d be able to help them style their 11 venues across Sydney for Melbourne Cup. Naturally I jumped at the chance! I collaborated with a stylist friend of mine Marj Silva of Decor Project because I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it alone, lucky for me Marj is a whizz stylist and not afraid to roll up her sleeves and help out without being asked. We also had great help from 8 other stylist friends of ours, we definitely couldn’t have done it without them!!!
Here’s a few pictures from The Winery in Surry Hills where I set up last Tuesday. Approximately 65 toy horses were sprayed and glittered for the event and they are my favourite props, do you agree??
Emma xRead More
Another full on week of travelling, decorating and styling!! I flew to Roma, Queensland last Friday for four days of decorating, styling and mood board creating at a very well stocked homewares store Gifts at Teacup. I also managed to squeeze in a drive around the country side too where I stalked some gorgeous homes like below. It’s so so so dry out in Roma and so many families are affected by the drought so I really hope the drought breaks soon and brings some much needed rain.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time away, most of my extended family are in rural towns in Queensland and my Dad grew up in country NSW so I always love visiting the country. I learnt a lot while I was away and I thought I’d share a few of the little things I noticed really separates the country from the city. Living on cattle stations in isolated parts of the country does bring up different styling challenges (hence why I started e-decorating)!
City vs Country
1. BORE WATER vs. TOWN WATER – Some farms use bore water for everything but drinking. This can stain your laundry because it comes straight from the ground so white bed linen is a big no no if you’re property uses bore water.
2. ROADS – Unsealed streets in regional Queensland means red dirt and dust is constantly coming in through window seals and door cracks. No neutral floor coverings!
3. QUICK TRIP TO THE SHOPS – Found a table you like online, order it, wait weeks for it to arrive instead of collecting it from your local store in the city.
4. GARDENING – No rain since Australia Day (yes, 10 months). No use trying to start an established garden!
5. KID’S BEDROOM STYLING – Another observation I’ve made during my travels to run my decorating workshops is the amount of children families have in the country is pretty much double those in the city. It was in fact most unusual to come across someone who only had two children. Most had 4 or more – that’s a lot of extra rooms to decorate
I’ve run out of weekends and spare time this year so no more travelling for me (for workshops anyway) until next year. I’m hoping to visit many more locations next year so if you’d like me to visit your town please leave a comment below with the town you live in so I can research visiting!
Emma xRead More
I’ve just realised it’s been almost two weeks since I blogged. Naughty me! I have a good reason though, I’ve been travelling and working on some big proposals and client jobs so please forgive me.
Last week I travelled to one of my favourite holiday destinations, Byron Bay to run two decorating workshops with Byron Lifestyle. It was a fun few days away and I met loads of lovely people at the workshops, even had my first male attendee!
Here’s a little snap shot of the workshop.
Tomorrow I’m flying to Roma to run three more workshops over the weekend. Then a mad dash from the airport to start installing 11 venues across Sydney for Melbourne Cup. It’s going to be another huge week but lots of fun!
What do you have planned for Melbourne Cup?
Emma xRead More
Earlier this week I came home to a pretty surprise in my letterbox! Fiona from Glasslands had dropped off a beautiful Spring Event Pack . Glasslands has teamed up with Voyager Candles (my favourite candle brand!) and created these little spring gift packs ideal as centrepieces whilst entertaining this silly season! I think they make great Christmas presents don’t you?!Read More